PDP Exclusives by Rebecca

Friday, May 29, 2009

The Girls Room



I found this great blog and awesome weekly tour of homes. Click on the banner and it will take you to Kelly's Korner, the hose of "Show us where you live". I decided to take part. Even though I'm late at posting for today! There are many great rooms to tour! This week is Children rooms and/or nurseries! So much fun!

Here's the girls room. These pictures are last summer when we first got Lil K. It pretty much looks the same! We are in the process of deciding what we are going to do, about moving them to bigger girls beds.

When we first found out about Lil E, I wanted to do a theme that we could carry on and add and remove stuff as we desired. But that if we had favorite pieces they would carry through too. So we decided on butterflies and flowers! All though, we did change out the crib set and getting 2 matching sets for the girls, they still go with the original theme!

Here's a quilt that Mamaw (my mom) made for the girls! Both girls have their own. Both have Bed Time prayer on them! They are so special and I love them!


First you have Lil K's bed and the window. Lil E wanted the purple for the main curtain, and her daddy let her have her way! I'm ok with it.






Lil E's bed! She helped pick the pink for her bed! Daddy and her painted it!


The Believe sign is by the door and over their little kitchen! They love this kitchen!


Here's a better picture of the kitchen! And that sweet rocking chair, it was daddy's when he was a wee little think! Granny redid the material on it when Lil E was 10 months old. So it is very special! I hope one they the grandbabies will get to enjoy it too.


These last four pictures are from today, to show a few more touches in the room! On top of the shelf, is the 2nd of the signs for the room, this one is Dream! And behind it is a Precious Moments lap, that use to be mine! My oldest sister bought this for me years ago to add to my Precious Moments collection.

Above the shelf, the Imagine (the 3rd sign in the set) hangs on the wall!

Then we did take her talking animals off the shelf, added some old decals we had and put their new birth stone Precious Moments babies on it! We did this a couple of months back. And then added the picture of both girls in the cute picture frame too.

Last is the wall near the closet. We have the coat hooks that I had painted and put the decals on way back. And then the picture that is about Miracles! It was the first picture we had for Lil E's nursery! And then more decals on the wall!
So there is the completed look of the room as it is now.

Thank you so much for stopping in to see the girls room! We are about to paint the walls pink or something. Just have to decide what we are going to do about moving to big girls beds. We are considering bunk beds and all to make it look even better!

Hugs and Blessings,

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I love the bedding!

Lyryn said...

Thanks! I can't wait to do a little girls room one day!

Haffner's World said...

What a soft and sweet room!

Renee said...

What a great room! I love it all but especially the quilts.

Sonya said...

I love the butterflies and pink and purple, what could be better!!

Amy G said...

I love your crib, the lines are great. If I ever had a girl, I want a white crib. The rooms are very cute!

Lori said...

Oh, everything looks so nice! I love love love the rocking chair...especially for it's sentimental value...and it's great that you have plans for grandbabies to use it too. :)