Happy Wednesday! Hope yall had a beautiful day! We sure did. It was overcast and a bit humid here, but it was nice! Not to hot. I did some more spring cleaning and reorganizing things today. I did each of the girls chests. The cleaning brings me to ask a question here. Kids see things advertise and so on, all the time. They make all the marketing to bring us in and buy their perfect cleaner, but has anyone else had this issue? There are so many cleaners with the lemon scent, so what appears on the lable, but a picture of a lemon. Well since we eat lemons and drink lemonade, guess what? Lil E was sure, we clean with lemonade too! So all these cleaners are to her, but a form of lemonade. We were in Wal Mart earlier this week, and I had to explain to her, no, that is a cleaner with a lemon scent. We never drink them, they are poison! And I think I have it clear to her, and guess what she does today. No it's not that bad. But I'm in the restroom, and where does she go? To the refrigerator! You know what she got out? Lemon Juice! Now here is the kicker! She pours it on her play kitchen and on her foot and leg. When I say to her, "Oh sweetie, E, what are you doing?" She says "Mom, I poured it on to make it all clean and shinny! See My leg is going to be really shinny!" So this was not a danger, and I keep all our cleaners, under child lock. But it really made me think, are we making cleaning and other advertisement so appealing that innocent Children could be harmed? So what do you think?
Then we went outside for some fun time! I just love watching the girls play! Lil E was showing Lil K how to run after the bubbles! Lil K loves bubbles, but she doesn't normally chase after them, like big sis. But today changed that. Lil E had her running after with much excitement and teaching her to catch and pop the bubbles!
Oh my, look at the excitement!

Buddy is always so gentle. He really loves Lil E. Just look, I love this picture of them kissing! Super sweet! She loves that horse!

Hugs and Blessings,







3 comments:
Oh my gosh! Your photographs are amazing! That picture of Buddy and Pretty girl is beautiful and that shot of Lil E and Buddy kissing is adorable.
The expressions by Lil K chasing bubbles is priceless. I bet the girls will be close forever!
Thanks so much for your email. I promise to respond soon!
Blessings to you, Patty,
Val
Oh thank Heavens that it was only lemon juice! You're right--I think a lot about target audiences, advertising, and things like that, but I hadn't thought about it in that way. As Sweet'ums gets older I'll really have to be careful about that!
And by the way... The new recipe looks great... The hubby will love it, I think!
Sounds like a beautiful day with precious memories!
Post a Comment