We had so much fun today! I had a busy morning. Woke up feeling better and got busy cleaning cleaning and cleaning. Then Lil E and I baked a batch of cut out cookies. Then we had some friends come over and the kids had some fun decorationg the cookies! Then they had a ball playing outside! Today was a great day! I try to make each Holiday or Special day a memoraible one! So we are always doing the fun things. Lil E loves to make cookies for sure! She loves to do anything that is helping mom!
Cut Out Cookies
1 1/4 c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
5 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 c. milk
Preheat oven to 375*. Cream butter and sugar together, then add eggs and vanillas. Beat until fluffy. Sift dry ingredients together and all to the creamed mixture alternating with the milk. If mixture is too sticky, add a little flour until dough is easy to handle. Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness on a flours smooth surface. Cut out cookies, dipping cutter in flour before each use. Bake for 6 - 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. I usually do 1/4 inch thickness and increase cooking time to about 10 minutes. Just watch them so they don't get brown, or they will be hard.
Decorate as you desire.
Lil E's cookies that she decorated ~
.jpg)






0 comments:
Post a Comment